Based upon Dr. Robert Ginnett’s Team Leadership Model™
- Understand the key attributes of high performance teams
- Distinguish between work groups and teams
- Learn to match work objectives with proper structure
- Develop working knowledge of the Team Leadership Model (TLM®) by applying it to existing work teams
- Use the TLM to diagnose problems with existing teams
- Use the TLM to formulate plan of action for team improvement
- What is a high performance team?
- Is the team structure more effective than other organizational structures?
- What are the typical pitfalls that teams fall into and how can they be addressed?
- How do organizations fix teams that are out of alignment or are struggling with internal issues?
- What factors should be considered when creating a team from scratch?
- How do leaders best develop teams?
- What is the relationship between effective teamwork and meeting business challenges?
- Participative lecture
- Small and large group dialogue
- Instrumentation: SYMLOG team assessment
- Experiential activity: Orienteering
Number of Participants:
- Unlimited for keynote presentations
- 24 for 2-day workshop
- AV support for DVD and PowerPoint for classroom presentations
- Large tract of land (city park, large resort property etc.) for orienteering course
- 90-minute to 3-hours for keynote presentation
- 2-3 days for full High Performance Teams program (includes orienteering business simulation)